Mercury dips in Rajasthan; Churu coldest at 1.9 deg C
Jaipur/Bikaner: A cold wave continued to
affect normal life in parts of Rajasthan where the mercury
plummeted sharply, with Churu in the planes being the coldest
place at 1.9 degee Celsius whereas Mount Abu, the sole hill
station in the state, settled at minus 1.2 degrees Celcius.
Ground frost was seen at Mount Abu, Churu and Sikar where
icy winds blew throughout the day and night.
Jodhpur, Sriganganagar, Jaipur and Jaisalmer recorded
minimum temperatures of 5.4, 5.9, 7.2 and 7.6 degrees Celcius
respectively while Bikaner, Barmer, Dabok, Ajmer and Kota
recorded lows of 7.8, 8, 9.1, 11.2 and 13 deg C respectively.
Meanwhile, the Border Security Force (BSF) has tightended
security and vigil along the Indo-Pak border considering the
possibility of infiltration during the cold conditions.
BSF sources in Bikaner said personnel have been given
special equipment and the force has also increased patrolling
to check suspicious activities or movements even in the dense
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly