Mercury dips in Rajasthan; Churu coldest at 1.9 deg C
Jaipur/Bikaner: A cold wave continued to
affect normal life in parts of Rajasthan where the mercury
plummeted sharply, with Churu in the planes being the coldest
place at 1.9 degee Celsius whereas Mount Abu, the sole hill
station in the state, settled at minus 1.2 degrees Celcius.
Ground frost was seen at Mount Abu, Churu and Sikar where
icy winds blew throughout the day and night.
Jodhpur, Sriganganagar, Jaipur and Jaisalmer recorded
minimum temperatures of 5.4, 5.9, 7.2 and 7.6 degrees Celcius
respectively while Bikaner, Barmer, Dabok, Ajmer and Kota
recorded lows of 7.8, 8, 9.1, 11.2 and 13 deg C respectively.
Meanwhile, the Border Security Force (BSF) has tightended
security and vigil along the Indo-Pak border considering the
possibility of infiltration during the cold conditions.
BSF sources in Bikaner said personnel have been given
special equipment and the force has also increased patrolling
to check suspicious activities or movements even in the dense
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway