Mercury dips in Rajasthan, Churu records -1 deg C
Jaipur: Mercury on Saturday plummeted further in northern parts of Rajasthan with Churu, in plains, recording the lowest temperature of the season at minus one degree Celsius, five points below normal.
Mount Abu, the only hill station of the state, also recorded 1 deg C, the MeT department said here.
People in Pilani and Sriganganagar shivered at near-freezing point at 1.2 and 1.4 deg C respectively.
Icy winds affected normal life in Sikar, Phalodi and Bikaner where the minimum temperature was 4.9, 5 and 5.2 deg C respectively.
Jaisalmer recorded a low of 5.8 deg C, whereas the state capital Jaipur registered minimum 6.2 deg C. Other stations recorded minimum temperature in the range
of 7 deg C to 13.4 deg C.
Vehicular traffic was disrupted due to fog, police said, adding several trains were also running late due to fog in northern parts of the country, an railway spokesperson said.
However, the flight schedule remain unaffected.
No flight was delayed or rescheduled due to weather condition this morning, Sanganer Airport Director RK Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack