Mercury dips in Rajasthan, Churu records -1 deg C
Jaipur: Mercury on Saturday plummeted further in northern parts of Rajasthan with Churu, in plains, recording the lowest temperature of the season at minus one degree Celsius, five points below normal.
Mount Abu, the only hill station of the state, also recorded 1 deg C, the MeT department said here.
People in Pilani and Sriganganagar shivered at near-freezing point at 1.2 and 1.4 deg C respectively.
Icy winds affected normal life in Sikar, Phalodi and Bikaner where the minimum temperature was 4.9, 5 and 5.2 deg C respectively.
Jaisalmer recorded a low of 5.8 deg C, whereas the state capital Jaipur registered minimum 6.2 deg C. Other stations recorded minimum temperature in the range
of 7 deg C to 13.4 deg C.
Vehicular traffic was disrupted due to fog, police said, adding several trains were also running late due to fog in northern parts of the country, an railway spokesperson said.
However, the flight schedule remain unaffected.
No flight was delayed or rescheduled due to weather condition this morning, Sanganer Airport Director RK Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed