Mercury dips in Rajasthan, Churu records -1 deg C
Jaipur: Mercury on Saturday plummeted further in northern parts of Rajasthan with Churu, in plains, recording the lowest temperature of the season at minus one degree Celsius, five points below normal.
Mount Abu, the only hill station of the state, also recorded 1 deg C, the MeT department said here.
People in Pilani and Sriganganagar shivered at near-freezing point at 1.2 and 1.4 deg C respectively.
Icy winds affected normal life in Sikar, Phalodi and Bikaner where the minimum temperature was 4.9, 5 and 5.2 deg C respectively.
Jaisalmer recorded a low of 5.8 deg C, whereas the state capital Jaipur registered minimum 6.2 deg C. Other stations recorded minimum temperature in the range
of 7 deg C to 13.4 deg C.
Vehicular traffic was disrupted due to fog, police said, adding several trains were also running late due to fog in northern parts of the country, an railway spokesperson said.
However, the flight schedule remain unaffected.
No flight was delayed or rescheduled due to weather condition this morning, Sanganer Airport Director RK Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!