Mercury plummets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury plummeted in northern parts of Rajasthan with Shri Ganganagar freezing at a low of 0.6 degree celsius, 4 degrees below normal.
Shri Ganganagar remained the coldest place in Rajasthan and the night temperature fell to 0.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 1.6 degree Celsius.
Cold waves affected normal life in other northern areas where Bikaner, Pilani and Churu recorded a low of 2.4, 2.6 and 4.5 degree celsius respectively.
In western parts of the state, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jodhpur recorded the minimum temperature at 6.1, 6.5 and 7.8 degree C respectively.
The mercury settled at 8.5 degrees in the state capital Jaipur, according to the Met department.
Cold condition is likely to prevail in the state in the next 24 hours, according to Met office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof