Mercury plummets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury plummeted in northern parts of Rajasthan with Shri Ganganagar freezing at a low of 0.6 degree celsius, 4 degrees below normal.
Shri Ganganagar remained the coldest place in Rajasthan and the night temperature fell to 0.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 1.6 degree Celsius.
Cold waves affected normal life in other northern areas where Bikaner, Pilani and Churu recorded a low of 2.4, 2.6 and 4.5 degree celsius respectively.
In western parts of the state, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jodhpur recorded the minimum temperature at 6.1, 6.5 and 7.8 degree C respectively.
The mercury settled at 8.5 degrees in the state capital Jaipur, according to the Met department.
Cold condition is likely to prevail in the state in the next 24 hours, according to Met office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation