Mercury plummets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury plummeted in northern parts of Rajasthan with Shri Ganganagar freezing at a low of 0.6 degree celsius, 4 degrees below normal.
Shri Ganganagar remained the coldest place in Rajasthan and the night temperature fell to 0.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 1.6 degree Celsius.
Cold waves affected normal life in other northern areas where Bikaner, Pilani and Churu recorded a low of 2.4, 2.6 and 4.5 degree celsius respectively.
In western parts of the state, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jodhpur recorded the minimum temperature at 6.1, 6.5 and 7.8 degree C respectively.
The mercury settled at 8.5 degrees in the state capital Jaipur, according to the Met department.
Cold condition is likely to prevail in the state in the next 24 hours, according to Met office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam