Mercury plummets in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Mercury plummeted in northern parts of Rajasthan with Shri Ganganagar freezing at a low of 0.6 degree celsius, 4 degrees below normal.
Shri Ganganagar remained the coldest place in Rajasthan and the night temperature fell to 0.6 degree celsius from yesterday`s 1.6 degree Celsius.
Cold waves affected normal life in other northern areas where Bikaner, Pilani and Churu recorded a low of 2.4, 2.6 and 4.5 degree celsius respectively.
In western parts of the state, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jodhpur recorded the minimum temperature at 6.1, 6.5 and 7.8 degree C respectively.
The mercury settled at 8.5 degrees in the state capital Jaipur, according to the Met department.
Cold condition is likely to prevail in the state in the next 24 hours, according to Met office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition
- Rahul Gandhi only confirming allegations against him: BJP on RSS row
- Vaishno Devi-bound pilgrim dies due to heart attack
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria