Mercury rises in Rajasthan, Churu sweats at 44.3 degrees
Jaipur: Mercury maintained an upward swing in parts of Rajasthan, where Churu continued to be the hottest place with a maximum of 44.3 degrees Celsius.
It was followed by Kota, where the temperature settled at 43.8 degrees, the Met office said.
Temperatures soared in other town also with Sriganganagar recording a high of 43.5 degrees, Chittorgarh 42.5, Jaisalmer 42.3 and capital Jaipur 42 degrees Celsius.
Mercury remained above the 40 degree-mark in most parts of the state, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani