MiG-21 crashes, pilot ejects safely
Jaipur: A MiG-21 aircraft of IAF on Friday crashed in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
The plane crashed near Sodiyar village at 9 AM and the pilot ejected safely, Defence Spokesperson SD Goswami told a news agency.
He said the aircraft took off from the Uttarlai Airbase in the western sector and was on a routine sortie.
It crashed 40 km off Barmer, he said.
A rescue mission was immediately launched from Jodhpur airbase, he said.
A Court of Inquiry has been ordered by the Air Force to ascertain the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them