MiG-21 crashes, pilot ejects safely
Jaipur: A MiG-21 aircraft of IAF on Friday crashed in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
The plane crashed near Sodiyar village at 9 AM and the pilot ejected safely, Defence Spokesperson SD Goswami told a news agency.
He said the aircraft took off from the Uttarlai Airbase in the western sector and was on a routine sortie.
It crashed 40 km off Barmer, he said.
A rescue mission was immediately launched from Jodhpur airbase, he said.
A Court of Inquiry has been ordered by the Air Force to ascertain the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!