MiG-21 crashes, pilot ejects safely
Jaipur: A MiG-21 aircraft of IAF on Friday crashed in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, with the pilot ejecting safely.
The plane crashed near Sodiyar village at 9 AM and the pilot ejected safely, Defence Spokesperson SD Goswami told a news agency.
He said the aircraft took off from the Uttarlai Airbase in the western sector and was on a routine sortie.
It crashed 40 km off Barmer, he said.
A rescue mission was immediately launched from Jodhpur airbase, he said.
A Court of Inquiry has been ordered by the Air Force to ascertain the cause of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?