MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe
Jaipur: A MiG-27 aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed within two minutes of taking off in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, but the pilot bailed out safely.
The aircraft was on a routine training sortie when it crashed near Allawani Ki Dhani in the Western sector, defence spokesman SD Goswamy said.
The MiG-27 took off at 3.55 pm and crashed at 3.57 pm, he said adding the pilot ejected safely.
A Court of Inquiry had been ordered into the crash, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed