MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe
Jaipur: A MiG-27 aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed within two minutes of taking off in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, but the pilot bailed out safely.
The aircraft was on a routine training sortie when it crashed near Allawani Ki Dhani in the Western sector, defence spokesman SD Goswamy said.
The MiG-27 took off at 3.55 pm and crashed at 3.57 pm, he said adding the pilot ejected safely.
A Court of Inquiry had been ordered into the crash, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...