MiG-27 crashes in Rajasthan, pilot safe
Jaipur: A MiG-27 aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed within two minutes of taking off in Rajasthan`s Barmer district, but the pilot bailed out safely.
The aircraft was on a routine training sortie when it crashed near Allawani Ki Dhani in the Western sector, defence spokesman SD Goswamy said.
The MiG-27 took off at 3.55 pm and crashed at 3.57 pm, he said adding the pilot ejected safely.
A Court of Inquiry had been ordered into the crash, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'