Mild respite from cold winds in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Northerly cold waves sweeping across Rajasthan for the last one week on Wednesday abated giving a mild respite to people, though Mount Abu was still the coldest city recording a low of 3 degrees Celsius.
Mercury took an upward trend by one to four degrees Celsius at many places as the cold waves abated partially, a MeT report said.
Churu recorded a minimum of 7.4 degrees C followed by Chittorgarh 7.5, Udaipur 7.6, Pilani 8.3, Jodhpur 8.8, Jaipur 9.7 degrees C.
A fresh western disturbance is likely to hit the state in next 24 hours causing light rains in north-southern regions, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars