Minister Jitin Prasada visits inferno site in Jaipur
Jaipur: Union Minister of State for Petroleum
and Natural Gas Jitin Prasada on Saturday visited the Indian Oil
Corporation (IOC) depot site in the Sitapura industrial area
near here, which had witnessed the massive fire last week.
The minister, before attending a party function here,
reached the inferno site along with few IOC officials, and
inquired about the incident.
Later talking to reporters after party function, Prasada
said that a safety audit has already been ordered by the
ministry to look into safety and security aspects of oil
depots in the country.
"Steps about security and safety regarding oil depots in
the country will be taken accordingly after the safety audit
report," he said, while terming the incident as an
The devastating fire, which broke out on October 29, had
claimed 12 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand