Minister Jitin Prasada visits inferno site in Jaipur
Jaipur: Union Minister of State for Petroleum
and Natural Gas Jitin Prasada on Saturday visited the Indian Oil
Corporation (IOC) depot site in the Sitapura industrial area
near here, which had witnessed the massive fire last week.
The minister, before attending a party function here,
reached the inferno site along with few IOC officials, and
inquired about the incident.
Later talking to reporters after party function, Prasada
said that a safety audit has already been ordered by the
ministry to look into safety and security aspects of oil
depots in the country.
"Steps about security and safety regarding oil depots in
the country will be taken accordingly after the safety audit
report," he said, while terming the incident as an
The devastating fire, which broke out on October 29, had
claimed 12 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi