Minister Jitin Prasada visits inferno site in Jaipur
Jaipur: Union Minister of State for Petroleum
and Natural Gas Jitin Prasada on Saturday visited the Indian Oil
Corporation (IOC) depot site in the Sitapura industrial area
near here, which had witnessed the massive fire last week.
The minister, before attending a party function here,
reached the inferno site along with few IOC officials, and
inquired about the incident.
Later talking to reporters after party function, Prasada
said that a safety audit has already been ordered by the
ministry to look into safety and security aspects of oil
depots in the country.
"Steps about security and safety regarding oil depots in
the country will be taken accordingly after the safety audit
report," he said, while terming the incident as an
The devastating fire, which broke out on October 29, had
claimed 12 lives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory