Minor gang-raped, dumped at hospital
Jaipur: At least half a dozen men gang-raped a 14-year-old girl in Rajasthan and then dumped her at a hospital on Saturday before disappearing, police said.
According to police, the incident occurred in Nagar area of Bharatpur district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
Circle officer Ashok Singhal said about six men - most of them belonging to the girl`s village - kidnapped the girl on Friday night.
"The family members searched for the girl throughout the night. On Saturday morning, they were informed that she was admitted in a hospital in Nagar town," said the officer.
The officer said medical report confirmed the girl was raped.
"During preliminary investigation, it has come up that the accused who raped the girl got her admitted to hospital when her condition deteriorated and then disappeared," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what