Minor gang-raped, dumped at hospital
Jaipur: At least half a dozen men gang-raped a 14-year-old girl in Rajasthan and then dumped her at a hospital on Saturday before disappearing, police said.
According to police, the incident occurred in Nagar area of Bharatpur district, some 200 km from Jaipur.
Circle officer Ashok Singhal said about six men - most of them belonging to the girl`s village - kidnapped the girl on Friday night.
"The family members searched for the girl throughout the night. On Saturday morning, they were informed that she was admitted in a hospital in Nagar town," said the officer.
The officer said medical report confirmed the girl was raped.
"During preliminary investigation, it has come up that the accused who raped the girl got her admitted to hospital when her condition deteriorated and then disappeared," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet