Minor girl abducted, forced into sex trade in Rajasthan; escapes
Kota (Raj): A 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted from Jaipur, tormented and pushed into flesh trade during her six-month confinement here, before she escaped the clutches of her kidnappers, police here said.
According to them, she managed to flee her tormentors on Friday morning and approached Anantpura police station to narrate her plight.
Station House Officer (SHO), Anantpura police station, Amar Singh Rathor said, the minor girl approached the police station yesterday, after having escaped from the confinement of one Gerunath Kalbeliya (40), resident of Talabbasti area of Kota city.
The victim told police that her family had moved to Jaipur from Bihar, for work, three years ago, and alleged she was abducted by an unidentified person six months ago, from Shastrinagar area of Jaipur, Singh said.
The unidentified person later sold her to Gerunath of Kota for Rs 10,000 who kept her confined in a room of his house in Talabbasti area for the last six months, she said, and further alleged that she was beaten up, kept unfed for days and was forced to go to hotels for flesh trading, the SHO further told.
Gerunath further wanted to sell the minor girl to someone else but the victim found the gate of the room open yesterday morning and managed to flee from there and approached a nearby mosque asking for help from the people there, he said.
Police have recorded the statements of the victim and lodged a case against Gerunath and the unidentified person for abduction, human trafficking and under sections of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and arrested Gerunath last evening, the SHO said.
Two persons have been booked in this connection and one of them was arrested last evening, while the victim has been sent to a shelter home here, police said.
The investigation into the matter is on efforts are being made to search the other accused in the case.
The girl was produced before Child Welfare Committee (CWC - Bal Kalayan Samiti) with the members of Child Line, an NGO and the CWC sent the girl to a home shelter in Kota, the SHO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?