Minor girl raped by grandfather for four years
Jaipur: A minor girl was allegedly raped for four years by her grandfather here, police said Friday.
68-year-old Teela Ram, a retired Naib Subedar, was arrested last evening, they said.
"Teela Ram had been raping his 16-year-old granddaughter for the last four years and the matter came to light when the traumatic girl, who had left the house two months ago, was found in Dausa district a couple of days back," DCP (West) Dr Ravi said here.
Her parents live in a village in Dausa district and she was brought to Jaipur by his widower grandfather when she was 12 for schooling. He was raping her since then, the DCP said.
Another police officer said when the girl told her parents about her ordeal, they spoke to Teela Ram but he continued with the crime.
"The girl`s father was under pressure probably because he is not financially well and wanted her daughter to stay and study in the city with support of his pensioner father," he said.
The victim, a class 5 student, told police that her grand father also tried to befriend another of her classmate and lured her by promising mobile phone and other gifts. But that girl stayed away from him.
Distressed with the situation and getting no support from parents, the girl sought help from her neighbour, a 26-year- old Manoj Kumar.
Two months back, she along with the youth left her house following which a case of abduction was lodged with Jhotwara police station, the police official said.
Two days back, the girl was found in Dausa, where she was living with Manoj, and was taken back to Jaipur, he said.
"Manoj was arrested on abduction charges in the case lodged after the girl went missing. The grandfather was arrested for raping the girl," the official said, adding that both of them were sent to judicial custody by a local court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read