Minor girl raped by grandfather for four years
Jaipur: A minor girl was allegedly raped for four years by her grandfather here, police said Friday.
68-year-old Teela Ram, a retired Naib Subedar, was arrested last evening, they said.
"Teela Ram had been raping his 16-year-old granddaughter for the last four years and the matter came to light when the traumatic girl, who had left the house two months ago, was found in Dausa district a couple of days back," DCP (West) Dr Ravi said here.
Her parents live in a village in Dausa district and she was brought to Jaipur by his widower grandfather when she was 12 for schooling. He was raping her since then, the DCP said.
Another police officer said when the girl told her parents about her ordeal, they spoke to Teela Ram but he continued with the crime.
"The girl`s father was under pressure probably because he is not financially well and wanted her daughter to stay and study in the city with support of his pensioner father," he said.
The victim, a class 5 student, told police that her grand father also tried to befriend another of her classmate and lured her by promising mobile phone and other gifts. But that girl stayed away from him.
Distressed with the situation and getting no support from parents, the girl sought help from her neighbour, a 26-year- old Manoj Kumar.
Two months back, she along with the youth left her house following which a case of abduction was lodged with Jhotwara police station, the police official said.
Two days back, the girl was found in Dausa, where she was living with Manoj, and was taken back to Jaipur, he said.
"Manoj was arrested on abduction charges in the case lodged after the girl went missing. The grandfather was arrested for raping the girl," the official said, adding that both of them were sent to judicial custody by a local court today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona