Minor raped by cousin; NCW says accused be hanged
Bundi: Terming as shameful the alleged rape of a seven-year-old girl by her teenage cousin here, NCW chairperson Mamata Sharma on Thursday said the accused should be hanged.
"Either he (accused) should be hanged or I... It`s unbearably painful for me to see the girl`s condition," Sharma, who met the victim at Kota Medical College yesterday, said.
The Dalit minor of Baghariya community in Kethuda village, who was found by her mother with bite and scratch marks all over her body on Sunday, is in deep mental shock, but her condition is stable, her doctors said.
"The girl is still in a state of mental shock. Her condition is stable," Ashok Goyal, who operated upon the girl, said today.
The condition of the girl, admitted in the ICU ward of the Paediatrics Unit of the hospital, is expected to improve in the next few days, Goyal said.
NCW chairperson expressed deep shock over the girl`s critical condition.
She expressed dissatisfaction over the manner in which district police had treated the rape victim and also objected to her being treated in general ward with a male constable.
On her direction, the girl was shifted to Paediatrics ICU of Kota Medical College. Sharma also directed police officials to deploy a female constable with the victim.
Additional SP N L Pavan ordered an inquiry into alleged carelessness of police personnel at Kawar police station where the victim`s widowed mother was allegedly ignored when she had gone to file a complaint.
District collector has ordered to provide the benefits of government`s pension scheme for widows to victim`s mother.
The doctors attending to the girl said she is very scared and shocked and gets agitated by the presence of anyone besides her mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details