Minor raped, protestors set afire railway station in Churu
Jaipur: Enraged over the alleged rape of a
nine-year-old girl by two persons in a railway guest house in
Rajasthan`s Churu district, a mob set on fire a railway
station and GRP and RPF outposts, police said Wednesday.
The girl, who was in the district to attend the annual
Gogaji fair in the area along with her parents, was allegedly
raped last evening following which the pilgrims marched
towards the GRP outpost and ransacked the property,
Superintendent of Government Railway Police (Ajmer/Jodhpur)
Veerbhan Singh said.
The protestors set afire the Sadulpur Railway station
and GRP and RPF outposts.
"The angry mob set ablaze a jeep, four motorcycles,
damaged railway property including ceiling fans, benches,
sheds, ticket window, rest house, office and looted two
revolvers and five rifles demanding arrest of the accused
involved in the rape," Singh said.
Extra forces were rushed to control the situation.
"After registering two separate cases, we have today
detained the rape accused identified as Manoj Meena and Jai
Singh Meena, and arrested six people for damaging railway
property," he said.
Manoj Meena works as an electrician with the railways
while Jai Singh is his relative.
Train services were disrupted in the area for some
time last night. Functioning at the station is completely
manual now as signals and computerised booking are not
operational, he said.
District SP Nisar Farooqi said the situation in the
area is now under control.
Lakhs of pilgrims from Rajasthan and neighbouring
states take part in the annual Gogaji fair in the area. Gogaji
is a folk deity of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed
- Shame! This man approached UP Police to register complaint, was forced to polish cops' shoes instead – Watch