Minor raped, protestors set afire railway station in Churu
Jaipur: Enraged over the alleged rape of a
nine-year-old girl by two persons in a railway guest house in
Rajasthan`s Churu district, a mob set on fire a railway
station and GRP and RPF outposts, police said Wednesday.
The girl, who was in the district to attend the annual
Gogaji fair in the area along with her parents, was allegedly
raped last evening following which the pilgrims marched
towards the GRP outpost and ransacked the property,
Superintendent of Government Railway Police (Ajmer/Jodhpur)
Veerbhan Singh said.
The protestors set afire the Sadulpur Railway station
and GRP and RPF outposts.
"The angry mob set ablaze a jeep, four motorcycles,
damaged railway property including ceiling fans, benches,
sheds, ticket window, rest house, office and looted two
revolvers and five rifles demanding arrest of the accused
involved in the rape," Singh said.
Extra forces were rushed to control the situation.
"After registering two separate cases, we have today
detained the rape accused identified as Manoj Meena and Jai
Singh Meena, and arrested six people for damaging railway
property," he said.
Manoj Meena works as an electrician with the railways
while Jai Singh is his relative.
Train services were disrupted in the area for some
time last night. Functioning at the station is completely
manual now as signals and computerised booking are not
operational, he said.
District SP Nisar Farooqi said the situation in the
area is now under control.
Lakhs of pilgrims from Rajasthan and neighbouring
states take part in the annual Gogaji fair in the area. Gogaji
is a folk deity of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena