Minor raped, protestors set afire railway station in Churu
Jaipur: Enraged over the alleged rape of a
nine-year-old girl by two persons in a railway guest house in
Rajasthan`s Churu district, a mob set on fire a railway
station and GRP and RPF outposts, police said Wednesday.
The girl, who was in the district to attend the annual
Gogaji fair in the area along with her parents, was allegedly
raped last evening following which the pilgrims marched
towards the GRP outpost and ransacked the property,
Superintendent of Government Railway Police (Ajmer/Jodhpur)
Veerbhan Singh said.
The protestors set afire the Sadulpur Railway station
and GRP and RPF outposts.
"The angry mob set ablaze a jeep, four motorcycles,
damaged railway property including ceiling fans, benches,
sheds, ticket window, rest house, office and looted two
revolvers and five rifles demanding arrest of the accused
involved in the rape," Singh said.
Extra forces were rushed to control the situation.
"After registering two separate cases, we have today
detained the rape accused identified as Manoj Meena and Jai
Singh Meena, and arrested six people for damaging railway
property," he said.
Manoj Meena works as an electrician with the railways
while Jai Singh is his relative.
Train services were disrupted in the area for some
time last night. Functioning at the station is completely
manual now as signals and computerised booking are not
operational, he said.
District SP Nisar Farooqi said the situation in the
area is now under control.
Lakhs of pilgrims from Rajasthan and neighbouring
states take part in the annual Gogaji fair in the area. Gogaji
is a folk deity of Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof