Minor`s gang-rape: HC directs suspension of additional SP
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Tuesday asked the state government to suspend an additional superintendent of police for not filing a proper chargesheet in a case of gang-rape of a 13-year-old girl.
A single judge bench of the court directed IG Bharatpur to initiate action against the ASP in the gang-rape case, which happened in Bharatpur district in April last year.
"The conduct of Additional SP is seen even in the court, which is not befitting the police official addressing the court. Government is directed to take it seriously and keep him under suspension," Justice MN Bhandari said.
Aggrieved by the "shoddy" police investigations, father of the ST girl had approached the High Court in July last year.
The court then directed the police on July 31 to record the victim`s statements before a magistrate under CrPC Section 164 but the same was not done, prosecution said.
When the case came again for hearing on August 17, the investigating officer, Additional SP Bhanwar Lal, told the court that a chargesheet would be filed against the accused on the basis of the minor`s statements recorded before the magistrate.
The victim had told the magistrate that two persons raped her while seven others assisted them in the crime.
The police officer, nevertheless, dropped the gang-rape charge against the accused in the chargesheet filed before the trial court for minor offences.
The High Court bench was annoyed over the fact that when the minor`s statements were recorded before the magistrate it clearly showed she was gang-raped, then what forced the police to charge the accused for lesser offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day