Missing boy found dead in Bharatpur
Jaipur: An 8-year-old boy, who was missing for the last four days, was found dead in a well in Rajasthan`s Bharatpur district.
Furious over alleged negligence on part of police in tracing the boy, relatives of the deceased demonstrated and blocked the Alwar-Bharatpur road in Nagar town.
They put the body on the road demanding arrest of the accused and action against policemen, who they alleged did not make any efforts to locate the boy after he went missing last week.
However, the agitating people were pacified by senior police and administration officials Tuesday.
Sanjay was missing from his house in Nagar town for the last three days and a complaint in this regard was filed with Nagar police station.
"The relatives of the boy were assured proper investigation following which they agreed for the cremation today," SP Bharaptur Anshuman Bhomia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference