Missing nurse Bhanwari asked to report on duty
Jodhpur: The Rajasthan government has issued notice to missing nurse Bhanwari Devi, who allegedly features in a CD in a compromising position with state Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna, her family said.
The notice warned Bhanwari, absent from office since August 25, of departmental action if she did not report back on duty, Bhanwari`s husband Amarchand said on Tuesday.
The notice was from the medical officer of the Bilara block here where the auxiliary nurse and midwife used to work at a government health centre before she disappeared on September 1.
From August 25 to 31 she was seen in her house at Borunda village near Bilara.
"She has been told to report back on duty soon and the department has warned her of stern action in case of failure to do so," Amarchand said.
"I had already registered a first information report with the police saying that my wife had been kidnapped. Despite that the notice was served," said Amarchand.
The police stepped up efforts to trace Bhanwari after the Rajasthan High Court on Monday told the police to undertake "more serious efforts" in search of her.
The notice was dispatched before the court had issued such orders, a medical and health department official said on condition of anonymity.
A group of villagers attacked the police when it went to Kaparda village near Bilara on Tuesday in search of Balia, a key suspect in Bhanwari`s kidnapping.
"Four policemen sustained injuries. When they tried to get out of the village in the car, its windows were also smashed by the villagers," said a police officer.
Police have so far arrested a government contractor from Bilara area. They had also detained three youths from Sikar district, but later let them off due to lack of evidence.
During interrogation, the name of Shahbuddin, a resident of Pipad area here and a mechanic by profession, also came up.
The court on September 24 directed police to include Maderna as an accused and probe his role under Sections 376 (rape), 302 (murder) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
The Rajasthan government also ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi