Modi is coward, not in control of party affairs: Khurshid
Jaipur: Hitting out at BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi over the alleged snooping on a woman and felicitation of party MLAs post Muzaffarnagar riots, Union minister Salman Khurshid on Wednesday said Modi is "coward and not in control" of his party affairs.
On the alleged snooping issue, the External Affairs Minister said, "Why security personnel were deployed behind that woman? If he (Modi) has the courage... The woman should be allowed to come out. I want to know who is this woman who wanted security."
"They (BJP) said her parents asked the government for security for their daughter. I ask can parents ask the government to do surveillance on where their daughter is going, whom she is meeting?" Khurshid said at a press conference here ahead of the December 1 Assembly polls.
On the two-member inquiry commission set up by Gujarat government to look into the snooping case, the Congress leader said, "I do not want to comment on judges and commissions. You can check out the background of why these two people have been picked."
"In the past two months, I have heard speeches of BJP leaders. But they did not say sorry for once for what had happened in Gujarat in 2002... They did not apologise even for what had happened in Muzaffarnagar," Khurshid said.
Criticising Modi over felicitation of two BJP MLAs, accused in Muzaffarnagar riots during a rally in Agra, he said, "If he (Modi) had got the courage, he could have gone to the stage with two of the MLAs and felicitated them. If this was wrong and he did not like their felicitation, he should have said it was not right. He is a coward and not in control."
Drawing an apparent comparison between Modi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Khurshid said, "You are no leader if you scare or threaten people. If you show only nightmares and you do not have a belief, then you are no leader. India deserves a leader who show dreams, not nightmare."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog