Molestation accused`s face blackened, 3 detained
Jaipur: The face of a man accused of molestation was blackened and he was made to walk barefoot through a village in Rajasthan and three people involved in the incident were detained Sunday, police said.
Heera Singh, the molestation accused, faced public wrath Saturday in Sriganganagar district`s 3 RTM village, some 500 km from Jaipur.
"A case of molestation was registered with the police against Heera Singh. We were investigating the case, however, the local community panchayat (council) decided to hand out the punishment on its own," police inspector Ranveer Beniwal told IANS.
Heera Singh was called to a panchayat meeting Saturday on the pretext that the molestation victim was willing to reach a compromise with him and withdraw the police case, the officer said.
According to Heera Singh`s complaint to police, when he reached the meeting he was overpowered by several men and his face was blackened and he was made to walk through the village.
He also alleged that he was beaten up.
"We have detained three men after registering a first information report on his complaint," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India