Molestation accused`s face blackened, 3 detained
Jaipur: The face of a man accused of molestation was blackened and he was made to walk barefoot through a village in Rajasthan and three people involved in the incident were detained Sunday, police said.
Heera Singh, the molestation accused, faced public wrath Saturday in Sriganganagar district`s 3 RTM village, some 500 km from Jaipur.
"A case of molestation was registered with the police against Heera Singh. We were investigating the case, however, the local community panchayat (council) decided to hand out the punishment on its own," police inspector Ranveer Beniwal told IANS.
Heera Singh was called to a panchayat meeting Saturday on the pretext that the molestation victim was willing to reach a compromise with him and withdraw the police case, the officer said.
According to Heera Singh`s complaint to police, when he reached the meeting he was overpowered by several men and his face was blackened and he was made to walk through the village.
He also alleged that he was beaten up.
"We have detained three men after registering a first information report on his complaint," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack