Molestation accused`s face blackened, 3 detained
Jaipur: The face of a man accused of molestation was blackened and he was made to walk barefoot through a village in Rajasthan and three people involved in the incident were detained Sunday, police said.
Heera Singh, the molestation accused, faced public wrath Saturday in Sriganganagar district`s 3 RTM village, some 500 km from Jaipur.
"A case of molestation was registered with the police against Heera Singh. We were investigating the case, however, the local community panchayat (council) decided to hand out the punishment on its own," police inspector Ranveer Beniwal told IANS.
Heera Singh was called to a panchayat meeting Saturday on the pretext that the molestation victim was willing to reach a compromise with him and withdraw the police case, the officer said.
According to Heera Singh`s complaint to police, when he reached the meeting he was overpowered by several men and his face was blackened and he was made to walk through the village.
He also alleged that he was beaten up.
"We have detained three men after registering a first information report on his complaint," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya