Monsoon arrival uncertain in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Blistering heat wave conditions
prevailing over the state for the last four days may not end
soon as the south-west monsoon`s arrival in southern parts of
Rajasthan even during the next week was "uncertain", a Met
official said today.
SW monsoon used to hit the state anytime after June 18
but due to unfavourable conditions people would have to wait
for the rains, the official said.
The movement of SW monsoon was stuck for the last two
days in both the country`s eastern side in Bihar and western
side in Gujarat, causing delay in rains over Rajasthan.
For monsoon activities, a low pressure area needs to
be developed either in the eastern or western region where
monsoon clouds were lying, the official said.
In the last 24 hours, the maximum temperature varied
between 42 and 46 degree Celsius at many places in the state,
including entire western districts of Jaisalmer, Jodhpur,
Rising mercury trend may come under control if
there was a dust storm in western Rajasthan in the next 24
hours, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez