Monsoon arrival uncertain in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Blistering heat wave conditions
prevailing over the state for the last four days may not end
soon as the south-west monsoon`s arrival in southern parts of
Rajasthan even during the next week was "uncertain", a Met
official said today.
SW monsoon used to hit the state anytime after June 18
but due to unfavourable conditions people would have to wait
for the rains, the official said.
The movement of SW monsoon was stuck for the last two
days in both the country`s eastern side in Bihar and western
side in Gujarat, causing delay in rains over Rajasthan.
For monsoon activities, a low pressure area needs to
be developed either in the eastern or western region where
monsoon clouds were lying, the official said.
In the last 24 hours, the maximum temperature varied
between 42 and 46 degree Celsius at many places in the state,
including entire western districts of Jaisalmer, Jodhpur,
Rising mercury trend may come under control if
there was a dust storm in western Rajasthan in the next 24
hours, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued