Monsoon likely to hit Rajasthan by July 6
Jaipur: Southwest monsoon is most likely to hit Rajasthan by July 6 as the weather conditions were getting here favourable, a MeT official said on Tuesday.
"The monsoon is moving over Bay of Bengal right now and it would push the current to northern states including Rajasthan by July 6 or 7, state MeT director B N Vishnoi told PTI here.
Rains shall occur in northeast Rajasthan covering the districts of Kota, Udaipur, Alwar, Bharatpur and Banswara, he said, adding that the monsoon is delayed by over 25 days as last year it had entered the state on June 13.
Meanwhile, the mercury plummeted by one to three degree Celsius at many places due to high wind velocity of up to 30 km per hour in northwest Rajasthan, the director said.
The windy weather was keeping the mercury to stagger below 40 degrees Celsius, he said.
Kota recorded the maximum temperature of 40.5 degrees C in the state followed by Churu 39.4, and Jaipur 39 degrees C.
Elsewhere, the mercury ranged from 35 to 38.6 degrees C including in Ajmer, Pilani, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner, and Ganganagar.
Weather would be mainly dry in the state during next 24 hours with a possibility of western disturbances movement causing dust storm or squall, a MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical