Month-old motherless baby girl battling for life
Jaipur: Motherless infant Damini, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her birth in Bharatpur, is battling for life at a private hospital here.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to Fortis hospital here late last night in critical condition after the Rajasthan government yesterday decided to bear her medical expenses.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
"Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," he said.
Damini`s mother Shanti died on September 20 at the time of delivery and since there was no one to look after the girl, her father Bablu started carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck while riding rented rickshaw to earn his livelihood.
District Collector Gyan Prakash Shukla had yesterday said he has constituted inquiry into death of the girl`s mother, which he said, occurred due to alleged negligence of doctors of a hospital in Bharatpur.
Local NGOs have also offered help to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city