Month-old motherless baby girl battling for life
Jaipur: Motherless infant Damini, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her birth in Bharatpur, is battling for life at a private hospital here.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to Fortis hospital here late last night in critical condition after the Rajasthan government yesterday decided to bear her medical expenses.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
"Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," he said.
Damini`s mother Shanti died on September 20 at the time of delivery and since there was no one to look after the girl, her father Bablu started carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck while riding rented rickshaw to earn his livelihood.
District Collector Gyan Prakash Shukla had yesterday said he has constituted inquiry into death of the girl`s mother, which he said, occurred due to alleged negligence of doctors of a hospital in Bharatpur.
Local NGOs have also offered help to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui