Month-old motherless baby girl battling for life
Jaipur: Motherless infant Damini, whose rickshaw puller father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck after her birth in Bharatpur, is battling for life at a private hospital here.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to Fortis hospital here late last night in critical condition after the Rajasthan government yesterday decided to bear her medical expenses.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
"Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," he said.
Damini`s mother Shanti died on September 20 at the time of delivery and since there was no one to look after the girl, her father Bablu started carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck while riding rented rickshaw to earn his livelihood.
District Collector Gyan Prakash Shukla had yesterday said he has constituted inquiry into death of the girl`s mother, which he said, occurred due to alleged negligence of doctors of a hospital in Bharatpur.
Local NGOs have also offered help to the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured