Monthly scholarships for economically backward students
Jaipur: Economically backward talented students will now get a monthly scholarship of Rs 500 for higher and technical education in Rajasthan.
This will be for a maximum period of five years or till the period of study, officials said.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had given his nod for the scheme which was a budget announcement, they said.
One lakh economically weaker students will be given the scholarship on the basis of their performance in the 12th Board examinations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah