Mud wall caves in at Bharatpur, 8 killed
Bharatpur: Eight persons, including five women and two children, were on Thursday buried alive when a mud wall collapsed on them at a construction site on Bharatpur-Agra national highway, a senior police officer said.
The deceased included five women, two children and one man, Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Yadav said.
The victims, all labourers from Damoh in Madhya Pradesh, were working at the construction site (underground) when the incident occurred, the ASP said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees