Mud wall caves in at Bharatpur, 8 killed
Bharatpur: Eight persons, including five women and two children, were on Thursday buried alive when a mud wall collapsed on them at a construction site on Bharatpur-Agra national highway, a senior police officer said.
The deceased included five women, two children and one man, Additional Superintendent of Police Rajesh Yadav said.
The victims, all labourers from Damoh in Madhya Pradesh, were working at the construction site (underground) when the incident occurred, the ASP said.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city