Municipality chairman held on graft charges in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A municipality chairman in the Pali district of Rajasthan was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 23,000 from a farmer in lieu of lease document of his agricultural land.
Madan Lal Mali, the chairman of the Jaitaran Municipality had demanded a bribe of Rs 38,000 from Jagdish to get him the lease document, the ACB officials said.
Mali had earlier took Rs 15,000 as advance and was caught red-handed while accpeting the remaining initial amount of the bribe by the Bureau officials, who set a trap after a complaint was filed by Jagdish in this regard.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test