Municipality chairman held on graft charges in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A municipality chairman in the Pali district of Rajasthan was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 23,000 from a farmer in lieu of lease document of his agricultural land.
Madan Lal Mali, the chairman of the Jaitaran Municipality had demanded a bribe of Rs 38,000 from Jagdish to get him the lease document, the ACB officials said.
Mali had earlier took Rs 15,000 as advance and was caught red-handed while accpeting the remaining initial amount of the bribe by the Bureau officials, who set a trap after a complaint was filed by Jagdish in this regard.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video