Municipality chairman held on graft charges in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A municipality chairman in the Pali district of Rajasthan was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 23,000 from a farmer in lieu of lease document of his agricultural land.
Madan Lal Mali, the chairman of the Jaitaran Municipality had demanded a bribe of Rs 38,000 from Jagdish to get him the lease document, the ACB officials said.
Mali had earlier took Rs 15,000 as advance and was caught red-handed while accpeting the remaining initial amount of the bribe by the Bureau officials, who set a trap after a complaint was filed by Jagdish in this regard.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter