Municipality chairman held on graft charges in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A municipality chairman in the Pali district of Rajasthan was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 23,000 from a farmer in lieu of lease document of his agricultural land.
Madan Lal Mali, the chairman of the Jaitaran Municipality had demanded a bribe of Rs 38,000 from Jagdish to get him the lease document, the ACB officials said.
Mali had earlier took Rs 15,000 as advance and was caught red-handed while accpeting the remaining initial amount of the bribe by the Bureau officials, who set a trap after a complaint was filed by Jagdish in this regard.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok