Municipality chairman held on graft charges in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A municipality chairman in the Pali district of Rajasthan was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 23,000 from a farmer in lieu of lease document of his agricultural land.
Madan Lal Mali, the chairman of the Jaitaran Municipality had demanded a bribe of Rs 38,000 from Jagdish to get him the lease document, the ACB officials said.
Mali had earlier took Rs 15,000 as advance and was caught red-handed while accpeting the remaining initial amount of the bribe by the Bureau officials, who set a trap after a complaint was filed by Jagdish in this regard.
Further probes into the case are on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Libya parliament rejects UN-backed unity government
- Ind vs WI: Day 5 washed out, Virat Kohli & co win series 2-0 but lose top ranking
- John Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan protection force
- BSF troops deployed in J&K after 12 years
- Authorities initiate action to evict Payal Abdullah from J&K govt bungalow in Delhi