Murdered accused in Dara Singh encounter case identified
Jaipur: The absconding accused in the Dara Singh alleged fake encounter case, who was found murdered in the Churu district of Rajasthan, has been identified, police said on Friday.
The body was recovered yesterday from Bukhari village in the district and the man was identified as Vijay Kumar Chaudhary by his family members, SP Churu Omprakash said.
A team has been dispatched to Haryana in search of some suspects, Omprakash said.
Vijay alias Vijju was allegedly involved in the alleged fake encounter of Dara Singh in 2006, and was on the run.
His family members have stated to police that he was likely to surrender in a court but before his surrender, he was allegedly abducted and murdered, police said.
As per the CBI investigation, Vijay had brought Dara Singh, a liquor smuggler, to Jaipur and handed over to the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police which killed Dara in the alleged fake encounter in October 2006.
In connection with the case, several policemen including IPS officers AK Jain, the then SOG head, and A Ponnuchamy are behind bars.
The CBI had also arrested senior BJP politician and MLA Rajendra Rathore in April this year but the lower court has discharged him.
However, the widow of Dara Singh approached the high court following which the court directed Rathore to surrender before the CBI but he has got relief from the apex court which has stayed the high court order earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'