Murdered accused in Dara Singh encounter case identified
Jaipur: The absconding accused in the Dara Singh alleged fake encounter case, who was found murdered in the Churu district of Rajasthan, has been identified, police said on Friday.
The body was recovered yesterday from Bukhari village in the district and the man was identified as Vijay Kumar Chaudhary by his family members, SP Churu Omprakash said.
A team has been dispatched to Haryana in search of some suspects, Omprakash said.
Vijay alias Vijju was allegedly involved in the alleged fake encounter of Dara Singh in 2006, and was on the run.
His family members have stated to police that he was likely to surrender in a court but before his surrender, he was allegedly abducted and murdered, police said.
As per the CBI investigation, Vijay had brought Dara Singh, a liquor smuggler, to Jaipur and handed over to the Special Operation Group of Rajasthan police which killed Dara in the alleged fake encounter in October 2006.
In connection with the case, several policemen including IPS officers AK Jain, the then SOG head, and A Ponnuchamy are behind bars.
The CBI had also arrested senior BJP politician and MLA Rajendra Rathore in April this year but the lower court has discharged him.
However, the widow of Dara Singh approached the high court following which the court directed Rathore to surrender before the CBI but he has got relief from the apex court which has stayed the high court order earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened