Muslims protest against Raj govt, wear black bands
Kota: On the occasion of Eid-Ul-Zuha, several
Muslims in Kishorpura area here wore black bands during namaaz
today in protest against Rajasthan government`s alleged
negligence of issues relating to the minority community.
They wore black strips around their arms, local Muslim
cleric Anwar Ahemad said.
"This was done to show their displeasure over the
government`s apathy towards issues pertaining to minorities,
which was evident in the way the recent violence in Gopalgarh
was handled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!