Muslims protest against Raj govt, wear black bands
Kota: On the occasion of Eid-Ul-Zuha, several
Muslims in Kishorpura area here wore black bands during namaaz
today in protest against Rajasthan government`s alleged
negligence of issues relating to the minority community.
They wore black strips around their arms, local Muslim
cleric Anwar Ahemad said.
"This was done to show their displeasure over the
government`s apathy towards issues pertaining to minorities,
which was evident in the way the recent violence in Gopalgarh
was handled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt