Muslims protest against Raj govt, wear black bands
Kota: On the occasion of Eid-Ul-Zuha, several
Muslims in Kishorpura area here wore black bands during namaaz
today in protest against Rajasthan government`s alleged
negligence of issues relating to the minority community.
They wore black strips around their arms, local Muslim
cleric Anwar Ahemad said.
"This was done to show their displeasure over the
government`s apathy towards issues pertaining to minorities,
which was evident in the way the recent violence in Gopalgarh
was handled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test