`Naming RSS worker in Ajmer blast not politically motivated`
Jaipur: Refuting charges that naming
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar in the Ajmer blast case was politically motivated, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
has said the outfit`s "communal face" has once again come
before the public.
"Name of Indresh Kumar, senior RSS leader, could not
have been added to the chargesheet without any basis and
facts. The Anti-Terrorist Squad has done an independent
inquiry into the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast case and there was no
"This is not Gujarat where fake encounters take place
and senior officers or ministers go to jail for fabricating
cases," Gehlot told reporters here last evening.
He said the chargesheet was prepared seven months ago
and the ATS has done "a good job to bring out the truth".
He also reacted sharply to the remarks on Jawahar Lal
Nehru and Indira Gandhi made by senior RSS leader K C
Sudarshan on the issue of Kashmir on Sunday.
"Communal face of the RSS has once again come before
the public and Sudarshan is now making baseless statements
just to divert public attention," he said in a statement.
"He made highly condemnable remarks against former
Prime Ministers Jawahar Lal Nehru and Indira Gandhi which
shows how RSS people are frustrated after ATS found their involvement in the bomb blast case," Gehlot said.
Sudarshan in a lecture on Kashmir issue here had said
that the Kashmir problem has arisen because of wrong decisions
Sudarshan also said, "If they (Rajasthan ATS) have any
evidence, why don`t they produce it in court and prove their
charges. Just levelling these allegations through the media
and a creating a false idea in people`s mind is unfair".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why