`Naming RSS worker in Ajmer blast not politically motivated`
Jaipur: Refuting charges that naming
senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar in the Ajmer blast case was politically motivated, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
has said the outfit`s "communal face" has once again come
before the public.
"Name of Indresh Kumar, senior RSS leader, could not
have been added to the chargesheet without any basis and
facts. The Anti-Terrorist Squad has done an independent
inquiry into the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast case and there was no
"This is not Gujarat where fake encounters take place
and senior officers or ministers go to jail for fabricating
cases," Gehlot told reporters here last evening.
He said the chargesheet was prepared seven months ago
and the ATS has done "a good job to bring out the truth".
He also reacted sharply to the remarks on Jawahar Lal
Nehru and Indira Gandhi made by senior RSS leader K C
Sudarshan on the issue of Kashmir on Sunday.
"Communal face of the RSS has once again come before
the public and Sudarshan is now making baseless statements
just to divert public attention," he said in a statement.
"He made highly condemnable remarks against former
Prime Ministers Jawahar Lal Nehru and Indira Gandhi which
shows how RSS people are frustrated after ATS found their involvement in the bomb blast case," Gehlot said.
Sudarshan in a lecture on Kashmir issue here had said
that the Kashmir problem has arisen because of wrong decisions
Sudarshan also said, "If they (Rajasthan ATS) have any
evidence, why don`t they produce it in court and prove their
charges. Just levelling these allegations through the media
and a creating a false idea in people`s mind is unfair".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena