Nandy`s remark example of mental bankruptcy: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said the controversial comment of author Ashis Nandy about ST, SC and OBC was an example of "mental bankruptcy".
Gehlot said that targeting of any class is not fair.
"The comment is an example of mental bankruptcy. One can only give such statements only after losing mental balance," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a public function here.
"People know who gives and takes bribe and the people from SC, ST and OBC have no capacity to give bribe so how can they promote corruption," he said.
Nandy stirred a row yesterday with his remark that people from OBC, SC and ST communities were the "most corrupt" at a session at Jaipur Literature festival.
An FIR was lodged against him by a local activist and amid demand for arrest, Nandy left the city today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends