Nandy`s remark example of mental bankruptcy: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said the controversial comment of author Ashis Nandy about ST, SC and OBC was an example of "mental bankruptcy".
Gehlot said that targeting of any class is not fair.
"The comment is an example of mental bankruptcy. One can only give such statements only after losing mental balance," Gehlot told reporters on the sidelines of a public function here.
"People know who gives and takes bribe and the people from SC, ST and OBC have no capacity to give bribe so how can they promote corruption," he said.
Nandy stirred a row yesterday with his remark that people from OBC, SC and ST communities were the "most corrupt" at a session at Jaipur Literature festival.
An FIR was lodged against him by a local activist and amid demand for arrest, Nandy left the city today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know