Narcotics dept official held on graft charges
Jaipur: A sub-inspector of Narcotics department was on Monday arrested by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs 9,000 in the Chittorgarh district.
Sunil Kumar had demanded the bribe from M L Rathore for issuing him an opium licence, the ACB officials said.
After verification of the complaint, a trap was laid by the ACB officials and the accused was caught red-handed while accepting the bribe, they said.
A case has been registered against him while the further investigations are underway, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom
- US Presidential Elections: Hillary Clinton takes lead over Donald Trump, new polls show