Narendra Modi supporters offer a `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: As Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi turned 63 on Monday, the Bharatiya Janata Party leader’s supporters offered a `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif on his birthday.
Meanwhile, BJP’s state unit is set to launch a massive membership drive on Tuesday on the occasion of Modi’s birthday.
State BJP spokesperson, IK Jadeja, said that the BJP will be "launching a massive drive to enrol one lakh people through each of our cells".
Earlier, the Gujarat Chief Minister thanked everyone for their good wishes and blessings.
Modi, who visited his 94-year-old mother Hira Ba to seek blessings, said that mother’s blessings is one of life`s great opportunities.
“I have faith that people`s blessings won`t go waste, it will give me strength to go on with my work,” the BJP poster boy said on his birthday.
Modi was on September 13 appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Chopper deal: I blacklisted AgustaWestland, not UPA, says Arun Jaitley
- Israeli jets carry out raids on Gaza: Palestinian Ministry
- Defending migrant deal, EU seeks end of visas for Turks
- Bengal polls end on Thursday; enclave dwellers to vote for first time
- Azam calls Adityanath 'frustrated', advises him to get married