Narendra Modi supporters offer a `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif
Zee Media Bureau
Jaipur: As Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi turned 63 on Monday, the Bharatiya Janata Party leader’s supporters offered a `chaadar` at Ajmer Sharif on his birthday.
Meanwhile, BJP’s state unit is set to launch a massive membership drive on Tuesday on the occasion of Modi’s birthday.
State BJP spokesperson, IK Jadeja, said that the BJP will be "launching a massive drive to enrol one lakh people through each of our cells".
Earlier, the Gujarat Chief Minister thanked everyone for their good wishes and blessings.
Modi, who visited his 94-year-old mother Hira Ba to seek blessings, said that mother’s blessings is one of life`s great opportunities.
“I have faith that people`s blessings won`t go waste, it will give me strength to go on with my work,” the BJP poster boy said on his birthday.
Modi was on September 13 appointed as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, despite the most senior leader LK Advani`s opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation