NCW meets victim of caste panchayat`s order
Udaipur: National Commission for Women chairperson Mamata Sharma on Tuesday met the woman who was publicly stripped and beaten on the orders of a caste panchayat in the district for allegedly having an extra-marital affair.
Sharma sought details about the incident from senior officers after speaking to the woman, an official source said.
She also held a meeting with the officers concerned in the case, they said.
The married woman was accused of having eloped with her paramour and the two were stripped by villagers, beaten and tied to a tree in a village in Sarada area on July 22.
Eight accused, including her husband Hamji, have been arrested and an inquiry has already been ordered by the state government.
The woman is presently staying with her parents in the same area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das