NCW to probe railway employee molestation case
Bundi: The National Commission for Women (NCW) has said it would initiate a probe into the alleged sexual harassment of a railway employee of Ajmer who tried to self-immolate herself.
"The commission is going to take cognisance in the matter of sexually harassed railway employee of Ajmer. The commission would first collect the facts and then investigate the matter," NCW chairperson Mamta Sharma told reporters here last evening.
Terming the sexual harassment of an employee by her two colleagues as a "a heinous crime", she said, "I would examine the matter personally and necessary action would be taken against the guilty".
Santosh Sharma, a senior booking clerk at Beawar junction under North-Western Railway (NWR) in Ajmer, self-immolated herself on Monday in front of the Divisional Railway Manager`s office, after she was allegedly sexually harassed by her two colleagues Sabarjeet Singh and Bhanwar Choudhary.
The victim is reported to have lodged a complaint to DRM and concerned police station but no action was taken, leading her to take the extreme step.
Meanwhile, Sharma said that the National Commission has already implemented policies to prevent harassment at offices in private sector, and the same would be enforced in government offices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more