Nearly 50 kids rescued from illegal kid`s home
Jaipur: Nearly 50 children, who were kept in two illegal children`s home here for months with little food amid pathetic living conditions, have been rescued by a team of Rajasthan Commission for Protection of Child Rights, police said Wednesday.
On a tip off from Delhi, the team led by the Commission Chairperson Deepak Kalra raided a home in Mansarover area last night where 27 girls and two boys, aged between 5 and 17, were found.
They were lodged in an illegal children`s home run by one Jacob John.
The children are from various states like Punjab, Manipur, Nagaland, Jharkhand and were in the house for several months.
Empty liquor bottles, stale food and fungus covered vegetables were found in the home, police said.
"The children`s home was running without permission. The children lived in a poor state and they were given stale food. They did not have proper food for the last few days and were hungry," the police said.
Another such child home was also raided and 20 boys rescued in Jawahar Nagar locality, they said.
The children were brought here on the pretext of providing them education were never sent to school and not allowed to go out of the home.
Jacob has been arrested for illegal confinement of kids and he is being quizzed, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory