Nearly 90 taken ill after consuming poisonous seeds
Kota: Nearly 90 people, including 63 children, were taken ill after consuming poisonous seeds mistaking them to be almonds in the district, officials said Wednesday.
R K Aaseri, principal, medical college, Kota today said that 63 children and 25 women were admitted to hospital last night after complaining of stomach ache, vomiting and dehydration.
The victims had consumed Ratanjot (poisonous fruit) seeds mistaking them to be almonds at a marriage function. While playing in the area, the children plucked the fruit and started eating them. They also offered them to the women attending the wedding.
They soon took ill and were rushed to government hospitals. Many persons attending the wedding were also rushed to private hospitals.
Most of the patients were discharged late in the night and the condition of the rest was stated to be stable.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class