Netizens take up drive to clean Jaipur
Jaipur: A group of young volunteers have started a citizens drive to keep the pink city clean.
The group `Team Clean Jaipur` was formed on social networking site Facebook earlier this month. The seed was a thought among some friends when they noticed the way garbage and dirt was strewn across the city.
"Understanding the responsibility to keep our city clean like we keep our homes, we planned to associate like-minded people to take a collective initiative. The team was formed and we have so far conducted three drives in different parts of the city," Rachna Kulshrestha, a core team member, said.
The first drive was conducted on December 14 in Vaishali Nagar, where around 35 volunteers took part.
"Next was the massive drive in the walled city on December 23 where the number of volunteers -- including students, teachers, and other professionals -- was above 100," she said.
Apart from their own funding, Jaipur Municipal Corporation has also supported them with resources in one of their drives.
Another team member Amarjeet Sangwan, a retired Army officer, said they took the initiative to clean the city as responsible citizens.
"We devote 3-4 hours time in each drive and spare time for designing the drives and campaign. We use our resources. It gives a message and motivates people to understand their responsibilities and evoke their civic sense," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam