‘New PPP model of infra development required’
Jaipur: Minister of Road Transport and
Highways CP Joshi on Friday said that a new PPP model is required
for development of infrastructure in rural and non-urbanised
cities of the country.
Speaking at the inaugural session of Infra conclave by
CII here, Joshi suggested investors to prepare new investment
proposals and financial models to abolish regional imbalance
regarding development, and to benefit people at large.
"PPP ratio in infrastructure development is changing
qualitatively and quantitatively in the country but we need to
take proactive measurement for developing a new model for
developing infrastructure in interiors, non-urbanised, towns
and rural areas," Joshi said.
He said that infrastructure plans should be developed
with a long-term vision and should prepare the blue prints of
the future districts/towns/cities which are the next
destination of development after the metro cities or major
Joshi said that due to the exploration of oil at
Barmer and power projects at Banswara, the government should
concentrate on developing these cities.
He added that for such proactive planning, the country
needs good governance and out-of-the-box thinking.
Feedback Infrastructure Services Chairman Vinayak
Chatterjee, Principal Secretary UDH GS Sandhu, Chairman and MD
of India Infrastructure Finance SK Goel were among others
present in the conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof