NGO launches Nirbhaya helpline in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A local NGO has launched a round-the-clock toll free `Nirbhaya` helpline for women, with an aim of providing help or counseling to women suffering from any problems.
"It is a welcome step in an era when about 15% crimes are related to women ranging from eve-teasing to rape," IGP Jodhpur Sunil Dutt said at the launch today.
"Such helpline would help the women to have an easy access to experts, who would be able to help or guide them in resolving their suffering or woes, " he added.
The helpline has been launched by Sambhali Trust. The toll free number for the helpline is 18001200020. "Many women hardly have an access or courage to approach police in case of any problems. They will be quite comfortable to make a call on the helpline to seek appropriate follow up or guidance," Dutt said and assured that police will also extend its support to help this helpline meet its objective.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest