NGO launches Nirbhaya helpline in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A local NGO has launched a round-the-clock toll free `Nirbhaya` helpline for women, with an aim of providing help or counseling to women suffering from any problems.
"It is a welcome step in an era when about 15% crimes are related to women ranging from eve-teasing to rape," IGP Jodhpur Sunil Dutt said at the launch today.
"Such helpline would help the women to have an easy access to experts, who would be able to help or guide them in resolving their suffering or woes, " he added.
The helpline has been launched by Sambhali Trust. The toll free number for the helpline is 18001200020. "Many women hardly have an access or courage to approach police in case of any problems. They will be quite comfortable to make a call on the helpline to seek appropriate follow up or guidance," Dutt said and assured that police will also extend its support to help this helpline meet its objective.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed