Night curfew along Indo-Pak border extended by 2 months
Jaisalmer: Night curfew in areas along the Indo-Pak border here in the district has been extended by two months in view of infiltration and smuggling attempts from across the border.
Entry to certain areas near the border will be restricted from 6 pm to 7 am without prior permission from local administration officials.
The orders issued by the collector N L Meena will cover areas like Tanot, Sadhewala and Longewala falling under Jaisalmer and Pokaran tehsils will be covered, according to sources.
Further review on the decision will take place on March 1.
It is for preventing people from roaming in the areas during night hours and for a better check on infiltrators who often sneak into India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog