Night curfew along Indo-Pak border extended by 2 months
Jaisalmer: Night curfew in areas along the Indo-Pak border here in the district has been extended by two months in view of infiltration and smuggling attempts from across the border.
Entry to certain areas near the border will be restricted from 6 pm to 7 am without prior permission from local administration officials.
The orders issued by the collector N L Meena will cover areas like Tanot, Sadhewala and Longewala falling under Jaisalmer and Pokaran tehsils will be covered, according to sources.
Further review on the decision will take place on March 1.
It is for preventing people from roaming in the areas during night hours and for a better check on infiltrators who often sneak into India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah