Night curfew along Indo-Pak border extended by 2 months
Jaisalmer: Night curfew in areas along the Indo-Pak border here in the district has been extended by two months in view of infiltration and smuggling attempts from across the border.
Entry to certain areas near the border will be restricted from 6 pm to 7 am without prior permission from local administration officials.
The orders issued by the collector N L Meena will cover areas like Tanot, Sadhewala and Longewala falling under Jaisalmer and Pokaran tehsils will be covered, according to sources.
Further review on the decision will take place on March 1.
It is for preventing people from roaming in the areas during night hours and for a better check on infiltrators who often sneak into India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town