Night curfew along Indo-Pak border extended by 2 months
Jaisalmer: Night curfew in areas along the Indo-Pak border here in the district has been extended by two months in view of infiltration and smuggling attempts from across the border.
Entry to certain areas near the border will be restricted from 6 pm to 7 am without prior permission from local administration officials.
The orders issued by the collector N L Meena will cover areas like Tanot, Sadhewala and Longewala falling under Jaisalmer and Pokaran tehsils will be covered, according to sources.
Further review on the decision will take place on March 1.
It is for preventing people from roaming in the areas during night hours and for a better check on infiltrators who often sneak into India.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on