Nine child labourers rescued in Rajasthan
New Delhi: A Central team has stumbled upon
instances of child rights violations in a stone crushing unit
in Rajasthan after which nine child labourers were rescued and
a police case filed against the owner.
On several complaints regarding child rights violations,
a team of the National Commission for Protection of Child
Rights (NCPCR) visited Jodhpur and Jaisalmer districts.
The team identified nine children as child labourers and
got an FIR lodged against the owner of the stone crushing
unit, Raidmal Singh, in remote Vijaynagar village in Jaisalmer
district, said a statement issued by the Ministry of Women and
"NCPCR`s team headed by Dr Yogesh Dube, Member, NCPCR
found that at least nine children, in the age group of 3-10
years, were employed in the stone crushing mine," the
The delegation also visited a children’s home -- Rajkiya
Samprekshan Aivam Kishore Grah and Samajik Nyay Aivam
Adhikarita Vibhag, Jaisalmer -- to find out the living
conditions of children in conflict with the law and those in
need of care and protection.
According to the 2001 Census, there were 12.26 million
working children in the age group of 5-14 years as compared to
11.3 million in 1991 though the work participation rates of
children (5-14) has come down from 5.4 per cent during 1991 to
5 per cent during 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...