Nine-yr-old victim of corporal punishment succumbs
Jaipur: A nine-year-old girl, who had lost vision in one eye allegedly due to corporal punishment at a private school two years ago, died here on Friday.
Pia Chaudhary was beaten by her teacher for not completing homework in 2010. She sustained injury in one eye which became critical and the vision in her second eye also affected, family sources said.
"She was operated several times but the vision in one eye had been completely lost. Now the pressure was on her second eye and she had to be in hospital for several months in Delhi and Jaipur. She was being treated for the injury and the infection and she died today at a hospital," the sources said.
Due to the injury, the girl was unable to study properly and had to stay indoors, they said.
The victim was studying in class I when a teacher of Tagore Public School in Jhunjhunu district allegedly punished her for not completing homework.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi