Nine-yr-old victim of corporal punishment succumbs
Jaipur: A nine-year-old girl, who had lost vision in one eye allegedly due to corporal punishment at a private school two years ago, died here on Friday.
Pia Chaudhary was beaten by her teacher for not completing homework in 2010. She sustained injury in one eye which became critical and the vision in her second eye also affected, family sources said.
"She was operated several times but the vision in one eye had been completely lost. Now the pressure was on her second eye and she had to be in hospital for several months in Delhi and Jaipur. She was being treated for the injury and the infection and she died today at a hospital," the sources said.
Due to the injury, the girl was unable to study properly and had to stay indoors, they said.
The victim was studying in class I when a teacher of Tagore Public School in Jhunjhunu district allegedly punished her for not completing homework.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'