`No approval given for demolition of mosque`
Jaipur: With Rajasthan Waqf Board`s role coming under scanner over the razing of a century-old mosque in Bhilwara district, its chairman today said the company involved was clearly told to ensure the safety of the mosque as per the Islamic laws and no deal was made to demolish the structure.
Chairman Liaquat Ali Khan also demanded "stern" action against those responsible.
The mosque in Pur area was demolished last Thursday by a company which alleged that it was an obstacle in the mining process.
After a public outcry, an FIR was lodged on Friday at the Pratap Nagar police station and some company officials were arrested.
The mosque is now being reconstructed under the supervision of the district administration at the same place.
Allegations were also made against state waqf board for giving "green signal" to a group, Anjuman committee.
The police have already arrested the company`s director Dharmendra Gupta, Anjuman functionaries Qasim Ansari and Ramzan and JCB driver, who are under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what