`No approval given for demolition of mosque`
Jaipur: With Rajasthan Waqf Board`s role coming under scanner over the razing of a century-old mosque in Bhilwara district, its chairman today said the company involved was clearly told to ensure the safety of the mosque as per the Islamic laws and no deal was made to demolish the structure.
Chairman Liaquat Ali Khan also demanded "stern" action against those responsible.
The mosque in Pur area was demolished last Thursday by a company which alleged that it was an obstacle in the mining process.
After a public outcry, an FIR was lodged on Friday at the Pratap Nagar police station and some company officials were arrested.
The mosque is now being reconstructed under the supervision of the district administration at the same place.
Allegations were also made against state waqf board for giving "green signal" to a group, Anjuman committee.
The police have already arrested the company`s director Dharmendra Gupta, Anjuman functionaries Qasim Ansari and Ramzan and JCB driver, who are under judicial custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!