`No approval given for demolition of mosque`
Jaipur: With Rajasthan Waqf Board`s role coming under scanner over the razing of a century-old mosque in Bhilwara district, its chairman today said the company involved was clearly told to ensure the safety of the mosque as per the Islamic laws and no deal was made to demolish the structure.
Chairman Liaquat Ali Khan also demanded "stern" action against those responsible.
The mosque in Pur area was demolished last Thursday by a company which alleged that it was an obstacle in the mining process.
After a public outcry, an FIR was lodged on Friday at the Pratap Nagar police station and some company officials were arrested.
The mosque is now being reconstructed under the supervision of the district administration at the same place.
Allegations were also made against state waqf board for giving "green signal" to a group, Anjuman committee.
The police have already arrested the company`s director Dharmendra Gupta, Anjuman functionaries Qasim Ansari and Ramzan and JCB driver, who are under judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!