No favour to Robert Vadra in land purchases: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday rejected Opposition BJP`s allegation of extending favour to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra in purchasing land in the state.
He also clarified that his son was not involved in construction of any hotel in Jaipur, as alleged by the BJP.
Lashing out at BJP state president Vasundhara Raje, Gehlot said she was levelling false allegations to mislead people as she has nothing substantial against the government.
"The state government has nothing to do with the purchase of land by a private person.
"Any citizen can buy land and BJP`s allegation that the government gave land to Vadra, is absolutely baseless," Gehlot told reporters in Jhalawar, 323 kms from here.
Gehlot is in Jhalawar, a Raje bastion, to address public meetings as part of Congress` Sandesh Yatra.
"Vadra did not contact the government for purchase of any land," he stressed adding, "It was the previous BJP government led by Raje, which sold land near the (international) border."
He also said that his son Vaibhav Gehlot works for a private firm, draws monthly salary and has not invested in any hotel project.
The Opposition had alleged that Gehlot`s son was involved in a hotel project, which was favoured by the government.
Targeting the previous BJP government, Gehlot said that it had smashed all records of corruption and Lalit Modi, the former IPL Commissioner who is now an absconder, used to interfere in the government`s functioning.
Cases of corruption by the previous government are now pending with the Lokayukta, he said.
"Corruption was rampant during her rule and allegations were levelled against her by her own party leaders who termed her arrogant," he said adding that several people were killed in Gujjar agitation during Raje`s rule because of her arrogance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Hallmark, ISI Mark, BEE Label –Know which certification marks are important for products you buy
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool