No favour to Robert Vadra in land purchases: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday rejected Opposition BJP`s allegation of extending favour to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi’s son-in-law Robert Vadra in purchasing land in the state.
He also clarified that his son was not involved in construction of any hotel in Jaipur, as alleged by the BJP.
Lashing out at BJP state president Vasundhara Raje, Gehlot said she was levelling false allegations to mislead people as she has nothing substantial against the government.
"The state government has nothing to do with the purchase of land by a private person.
"Any citizen can buy land and BJP`s allegation that the government gave land to Vadra, is absolutely baseless," Gehlot told reporters in Jhalawar, 323 kms from here.
Gehlot is in Jhalawar, a Raje bastion, to address public meetings as part of Congress` Sandesh Yatra.
"Vadra did not contact the government for purchase of any land," he stressed adding, "It was the previous BJP government led by Raje, which sold land near the (international) border."
He also said that his son Vaibhav Gehlot works for a private firm, draws monthly salary and has not invested in any hotel project.
The Opposition had alleged that Gehlot`s son was involved in a hotel project, which was favoured by the government.
Targeting the previous BJP government, Gehlot said that it had smashed all records of corruption and Lalit Modi, the former IPL Commissioner who is now an absconder, used to interfere in the government`s functioning.
Cases of corruption by the previous government are now pending with the Lokayukta, he said.
"Corruption was rampant during her rule and allegations were levelled against her by her own party leaders who termed her arrogant," he said adding that several people were killed in Gujjar agitation during Raje`s rule because of her arrogance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news