No let-up in cold, Mount Abu freezes in Rajasthan
Jaipur: There was no let-up in cold today with icy winds sweeping relentlessly across Rajasthan even as Mount Abu touched almost freezing point of 0.4 degree Celsius.
The night temperature slightly picked up in most parts of the state, but there was no respite from icy winds which affected normal life, road and rail services in the state.
Due to dense fog and mist, North Western Railways today rescheduled three trains, besides over a dozen others were running late from over two hours to nearly 15 hours.
Among the delayed schedules, Kolkata-Bikaner Express is running 14 hours and 40 minutes late, and Rishikesh- Sriganganagar Express by 11 hours and 15 minutes.
Buses on Jaipur-Delhi, Jaipur-Udaipur, Jaipur-Kota, and Jaipur-Agra highways were seen stranded due to fog and mist this morning, the transport department sources said.
Meanwhile, people in the Pink City shivered as the mercury was down to 7.6 degrees C last night. Morning sessions of Jaipur Literature Festival were marred by foggy weather due to which low attendance of participants was experienced.
The minimum temperature in most of the cities varied between 5.8 and 9.5 degrees C.
Even the day temperature plummeted by three-four degrees C in many cities including Jaipur, Kota, Sikar, Churu, Bikaner, Ganganagar, and Jaisalmer, a Met official said.
No significant change is expected in the state in next 24 hours, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket