No let-up in cold, Mount Abu freezes in Rajasthan
Jaipur: There was no let-up in cold today with icy winds sweeping relentlessly across Rajasthan even as Mount Abu touched almost freezing point of 0.4 degree Celsius.
The night temperature slightly picked up in most parts of the state, but there was no respite from icy winds which affected normal life, road and rail services in the state.
Due to dense fog and mist, North Western Railways today rescheduled three trains, besides over a dozen others were running late from over two hours to nearly 15 hours.
Among the delayed schedules, Kolkata-Bikaner Express is running 14 hours and 40 minutes late, and Rishikesh- Sriganganagar Express by 11 hours and 15 minutes.
Buses on Jaipur-Delhi, Jaipur-Udaipur, Jaipur-Kota, and Jaipur-Agra highways were seen stranded due to fog and mist this morning, the transport department sources said.
Meanwhile, people in the Pink City shivered as the mercury was down to 7.6 degrees C last night. Morning sessions of Jaipur Literature Festival were marred by foggy weather due to which low attendance of participants was experienced.
The minimum temperature in most of the cities varied between 5.8 and 9.5 degrees C.
Even the day temperature plummeted by three-four degrees C in many cities including Jaipur, Kota, Sikar, Churu, Bikaner, Ganganagar, and Jaisalmer, a Met official said.
No significant change is expected in the state in next 24 hours, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH