No let-up in cold, Mount Abu freezes in Rajasthan
Jaipur: There was no let-up in cold today with icy winds sweeping relentlessly across Rajasthan even as Mount Abu touched almost freezing point of 0.4 degree Celsius.
The night temperature slightly picked up in most parts of the state, but there was no respite from icy winds which affected normal life, road and rail services in the state.
Due to dense fog and mist, North Western Railways today rescheduled three trains, besides over a dozen others were running late from over two hours to nearly 15 hours.
Among the delayed schedules, Kolkata-Bikaner Express is running 14 hours and 40 minutes late, and Rishikesh- Sriganganagar Express by 11 hours and 15 minutes.
Buses on Jaipur-Delhi, Jaipur-Udaipur, Jaipur-Kota, and Jaipur-Agra highways were seen stranded due to fog and mist this morning, the transport department sources said.
Meanwhile, people in the Pink City shivered as the mercury was down to 7.6 degrees C last night. Morning sessions of Jaipur Literature Festival were marred by foggy weather due to which low attendance of participants was experienced.
The minimum temperature in most of the cities varied between 5.8 and 9.5 degrees C.
Even the day temperature plummeted by three-four degrees C in many cities including Jaipur, Kota, Sikar, Churu, Bikaner, Ganganagar, and Jaisalmer, a Met official said.
No significant change is expected in the state in next 24 hours, a forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog