No more bodies recovered from site of collapsed bridge
Kota (Raj): No more bodies were recovered
on Tuesday from under the rubble of the collapsed bridge over river
Chambal as the toll stood at 30 even as 17 people were still
District officials from control room said the number of
bodies recovered so far was 30 with 17 people still missing.
One of the Navy divers, rushed here on Thursday night
from New Delhi, said, "they had gone 60 to 65 feet down in the
river but no body was there."
"We have stopped our operation as we cannot dive more
than 60 feet as we do not have equipment," he said.
A team of experts from the Indian Institute of
Oceanography will also visit the site to assist in underwater
operations in Chambal river.
Meanwhile, anxious family members and colleagues of those
missing were waiting at the site of the collapse, wishing for
their loved ones to return.
Sukh Dev Singh and Sagar Singh, labourers who hail from
Khidowali village in Amritsar district of Punjab were
searching for their co-workers under the debris.
Balvendra Singh of the same village was here to collect
the body of his family member said that "now our eyes are just
searching for eight members of our village."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack