No more bodies recovered from site of collapsed bridge
Kota (Raj): No more bodies were recovered
on Tuesday from under the rubble of the collapsed bridge over river
Chambal as the toll stood at 30 even as 17 people were still
District officials from control room said the number of
bodies recovered so far was 30 with 17 people still missing.
One of the Navy divers, rushed here on Thursday night
from New Delhi, said, "they had gone 60 to 65 feet down in the
river but no body was there."
"We have stopped our operation as we cannot dive more
than 60 feet as we do not have equipment," he said.
A team of experts from the Indian Institute of
Oceanography will also visit the site to assist in underwater
operations in Chambal river.
Meanwhile, anxious family members and colleagues of those
missing were waiting at the site of the collapse, wishing for
their loved ones to return.
Sukh Dev Singh and Sagar Singh, labourers who hail from
Khidowali village in Amritsar district of Punjab were
searching for their co-workers under the debris.
Balvendra Singh of the same village was here to collect
the body of his family member said that "now our eyes are just
searching for eight members of our village."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands