No more bodies recovered from site of collapsed bridge
Kota (Raj): No more bodies were recovered
on Tuesday from under the rubble of the collapsed bridge over river
Chambal as the toll stood at 30 even as 17 people were still
District officials from control room said the number of
bodies recovered so far was 30 with 17 people still missing.
One of the Navy divers, rushed here on Thursday night
from New Delhi, said, "they had gone 60 to 65 feet down in the
river but no body was there."
"We have stopped our operation as we cannot dive more
than 60 feet as we do not have equipment," he said.
A team of experts from the Indian Institute of
Oceanography will also visit the site to assist in underwater
operations in Chambal river.
Meanwhile, anxious family members and colleagues of those
missing were waiting at the site of the collapse, wishing for
their loved ones to return.
Sukh Dev Singh and Sagar Singh, labourers who hail from
Khidowali village in Amritsar district of Punjab were
searching for their co-workers under the debris.
Balvendra Singh of the same village was here to collect
the body of his family member said that "now our eyes are just
searching for eight members of our village."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday