No political pressure on ATS: Rajasthan DGP
Ajmer: Rajasthan DGP Harish Chandra Meena
has refuted the charge that senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar`s
name was included in the Ajmer blast chargesheet, filed by the
state Anti-Terrorist Squad, under political pressure.
"The ATS is under no pressure while investigating the
blast case," Meena told reporters here yesterday after holding
a meeting with police officers.
"All those RSS workers or others, including Indresh,
whose name cropped up during the probe, will be questioned
whenever required," he said.
"The ATS functions in an independent manner," the DGP
said rubbishing the charge that Indresh`s name was included in
the chargesheet under political pressure.
To a question, he said in view of terror activities in
the state and elsewhere in the country, the intelligence wing
of the state police would be separated from law and order.
The DGP said officials of the intelligence wing would
form a separate cadre and there would be no transfer from the
civil to the intelligence branch.
He said the crime graph in the Ajmer range had come
down compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan