No relaxation in curfew after violence in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Curfew on Saturday continued in Sanganer town here which was imposed after violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike, police said.
No fresh incident of violence was reported and the situation remained under control in the area. However, there was no relaxation in curfew today, they said.
The decision to give relaxation to the curfew, which was imposed last evening, will be taken after a review, they added.
The violence broke out when a petty issue of a parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
Tension also prevailed yesterday when a group of miscreants set ablaze an educational institution belonging to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez