No relaxation in curfew after violence in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Curfew on Saturday continued in Sanganer town here which was imposed after violence broke out between members of two communities over a trivial issue of parking a motorbike, police said.
No fresh incident of violence was reported and the situation remained under control in the area. However, there was no relaxation in curfew today, they said.
The decision to give relaxation to the curfew, which was imposed last evening, will be taken after a review, they added.
The violence broke out when a petty issue of a parking of a motorcycle turned violent and agitating mob torched a factory and damaged several vehicles on Thursday evening.
Tension also prevailed yesterday when a group of miscreants set ablaze an educational institution belonging to the minority community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees