‘No report forwarded to Centre on rain-hit areas’
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday dismissed reports that Governor Margaret Alva had sent a report to the Centre about the situation of rain-hit areas in the state.
"The Governor did not forward any report. It was all speculated by media. She called me and said that neither she sought any report from district collectors nor she forwarded any report (to the centre)," Gehlot told reporters here.
There were reports that the Governor, after visiting inundated Madrampura area, sought reports from district collectors on the rain-affected areas in order to forward it to the Central government.
Gehlot was speaking to reporters after visiting Madrampura area which was inundated following heavy rains in the district.
"I am here to review situation ahead of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s proposed visit. She is scheduled to visit the area tomorrow so we are examining situation. The visit will have positive impact for not only Jaipur alone, but for the entire state," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani