‘No report forwarded to Centre on rain-hit areas’
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday dismissed reports that Governor Margaret Alva had sent a report to the Centre about the situation of rain-hit areas in the state.
"The Governor did not forward any report. It was all speculated by media. She called me and said that neither she sought any report from district collectors nor she forwarded any report (to the centre)," Gehlot told reporters here.
There were reports that the Governor, after visiting inundated Madrampura area, sought reports from district collectors on the rain-affected areas in order to forward it to the Central government.
Gehlot was speaking to reporters after visiting Madrampura area which was inundated following heavy rains in the district.
"I am here to review situation ahead of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s proposed visit. She is scheduled to visit the area tomorrow so we are examining situation. The visit will have positive impact for not only Jaipur alone, but for the entire state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...