‘No report forwarded to Centre on rain-hit areas’
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday dismissed reports that Governor Margaret Alva had sent a report to the Centre about the situation of rain-hit areas in the state.
"The Governor did not forward any report. It was all speculated by media. She called me and said that neither she sought any report from district collectors nor she forwarded any report (to the centre)," Gehlot told reporters here.
There were reports that the Governor, after visiting inundated Madrampura area, sought reports from district collectors on the rain-affected areas in order to forward it to the Central government.
Gehlot was speaking to reporters after visiting Madrampura area which was inundated following heavy rains in the district.
"I am here to review situation ahead of Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s proposed visit. She is scheduled to visit the area tomorrow so we are examining situation. The visit will have positive impact for not only Jaipur alone, but for the entire state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley