No respite from icy winds in Raj; Churu freezes at -1 deg C
Jaipur: There was no respite from cold wave in Rajasthan today as icy winds and fog continued to hit normal life across the state, while the extreme weather claimed life of a patient outside a government hospital here.
Churu was the coldest place in the state at minus one degree Celsius.
45-year-old Pyarelal left the ward of SMS hospital here without permission. Later he was found dead at a street of Sanjay Circle near a hotel here, police said.
Churu on the plains recorded a low of minus one degree C last night as against previous night`s minus 0.5 degree C, a report from the Meteorological department said.
Besides, Pilani and Mount Abu`s minimum temperature was nearing freezing point, 0.5 and 1.0 degree C respectively, affecting the civic water supply which got frozen.
The influx of tourists in Mount Abu on the eve of the New Year has also been partially affected due to the cold with icy flakes forming on the surface of Nakki Lake.
Hadoti region covering Kota, Anta, Baran, and Bundi received scattered rains this morning as a fresh western disturbance hit the eastern parts of the state.
Meanwhile, according to a state agriculture department official, rainy season would be beneficial to the standing rabi crops specially wheat and mustard.
The minimum temperature in rest of the state was less than 10.4 degree C with intense cold wave conditions sweeping across the state.
Jaipur`s minimum temperature rose to 7 degree C as against 4.5 degree C of yesterday, but the cloudy weather since morning meant there was no respite as the day temperature plummeted by two-three degree C, at about 18 degree C.
Jaisalmer recorded a minimum temperature of 5.8 deg C, Ajmer 6.5 deg C, Chittorgarh 7.5 deg C, Barmer 7.6 deg C, Jodhpur and Bikaner 8 deg C each, Udaipur 9 and Kota 10.4 degree Celsius.
No major respite from icy winds is expected in next 24 hours in the state as inclement weather (cold and rains) would continue to sweep north-eastern parts of the state, a forecast from MeT Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth