No starvation death in Chittorgarh: Officials
Jaipur: Denying a local media report, a top
state government official on Saturday said there was no confirmation
of any starvation death in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
Principal Secretary of Relief Department Tanmay Kumar
said district collector has already submitted a report in this
connection, and the department is now seeking more details
from the district administration.
"I had asked for details from Chittorgarh collector
following a media report about a death due to starvation. The
report does not indicate any such incident. We are looking
into the matter to get more details," Kumar told PTI.
District Magistrate Arushi A Malik said the case in
question is that regarding the death of a 45-year-old man.
"The deceased is employed with a factory and his family
owns a land. He died not due to starvation. This is clear
according to the inputs collected by the ADM who visited the
place," she said.
Certain local media had reported that one Kishan Singh
(45), hailing from Champakehda village, had died due to
starvation last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY