No starvation death in Chittorgarh: Officials
Jaipur: Denying a local media report, a top
state government official on Saturday said there was no confirmation
of any starvation death in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
Principal Secretary of Relief Department Tanmay Kumar
said district collector has already submitted a report in this
connection, and the department is now seeking more details
from the district administration.
"I had asked for details from Chittorgarh collector
following a media report about a death due to starvation. The
report does not indicate any such incident. We are looking
into the matter to get more details," Kumar told PTI.
District Magistrate Arushi A Malik said the case in
question is that regarding the death of a 45-year-old man.
"The deceased is employed with a factory and his family
owns a land. He died not due to starvation. This is clear
according to the inputs collected by the ADM who visited the
place," she said.
Certain local media had reported that one Kishan Singh
(45), hailing from Champakehda village, had died due to
starvation last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- South Sudan ceasefire monitors warn of violence
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released
- A little butter a day may not harm your heart
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore