No starvation death in Chittorgarh: Officials
Jaipur: Denying a local media report, a top
state government official on Saturday said there was no confirmation
of any starvation death in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan.
Principal Secretary of Relief Department Tanmay Kumar
said district collector has already submitted a report in this
connection, and the department is now seeking more details
from the district administration.
"I had asked for details from Chittorgarh collector
following a media report about a death due to starvation. The
report does not indicate any such incident. We are looking
into the matter to get more details," Kumar told PTI.
District Magistrate Arushi A Malik said the case in
question is that regarding the death of a 45-year-old man.
"The deceased is employed with a factory and his family
owns a land. He died not due to starvation. This is clear
according to the inputs collected by the ADM who visited the
place," she said.
Certain local media had reported that one Kishan Singh
(45), hailing from Champakehda village, had died due to
starvation last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace