Nomination begins for 4 Rajasthan Assembly by-polls
Jaipur: The process of filing of nomination papers by candidates for the four Rajasthan Assembly constituencies going for bypoll on September 13 began on Wednesday.
The bypolls will be held in Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies.
According to Chief Election Officer Govind Sharma, the last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30.
Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls, he said.
Bypolls are necessitated in four Assembly seats of Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Weir Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race
- Unstoppable Slam machine Novak Djokovic eyes fourth Wimbledon title