Nomination begins for 4 Rajasthan Assembly by-polls
Jaipur: The process of filing of nomination papers by candidates for the four Rajasthan Assembly constituencies going for bypoll on September 13 began on Wednesday.
The bypolls will be held in Nasirabad, Weir, Kota (South) and Surajgarh Assembly constituencies.
According to Chief Election Officer Govind Sharma, the last date of nomination is August 27, scrutiny will be on August 28 and the last date of withdrawal of nominations is August 30.
Over 8.95 lakh voters would cast their franchise for the four Assembly seats slated to go for by-polls, he said.
Bypolls are necessitated in four Assembly seats of Rajasthan which fell vacant after the sitting MLAs were elected to Lok Sabha.
BJP Legislators Sanwar Lal Jat, Om Birla, Santosh Ahlawat and Bahadur Singh Koli represented Nasirabad, Kota (South), Surajgarh and Weir Assembly constituencies respectively and they were elected to Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?